Thursday, December 31, 2009

I'm Type A and Not Ashamed

For my last blog post of 2009 I would like to brazenly admit that I am Type A.  My best friend from college told me that I would know that someone was a true friend when they knew just how obsessive-compulsive and anal-retentive I can, at times, be.  Most people would probably classify me as laid-back and go-with-the-flow but I have those gullible people fooled!

When I read that David Chang looks down upon his customers who stop to take pictures of his food before they eat, or "Type As who take pictures and notes on the food at [Momofuku] Ko,"  (Chang said of this process, "The food's getting cold.") I decided to embrace my Type A tendencies right here, publicly, on my blog!  No more denial for me!

 While your point of view is understandable, Mr. Chang, every time I look at a picture of food I particularly enjoyed, I can almost taste it on my tongue all over again.  And that's worth the extra 5 seconds to wait before I dig in.

An homage to my food pictures of 2009: