Monday, January 11, 2010

Animal Collective DJ Concert at the Museum of Natural History


The Museum of Natural History in New York City is the coolest venue for a concert/dance party of all time.  Last Friday was One Step Beyond in NYC, essentially a huge museum party DJed by Geologist from Animal Collective and Fischerspooner.  I was expecting more of an Animal Collective presence but it was truly a random dance party.  The novelty of being welcomed by dinosaurs and walking through the cosmic tunnel while nearing the venue and feeling the bass bump of the dance party below.
We walked around carrying beers I just could not get over that.  Read about the galaxy, take a sip.  Learn how much you would weigh on Mars, go boogie down to some sweet jams.  That was my night.  The energy was high, the excitement was stimulating, and I am so happy that I live in New York (and that I have awesome friends who hip me to these sweet events).